Data Recovery / Virus Treatment
WalthamSoft.com offers a
low-cost data-recovery and virus-treatment service for Home and Business users in the Essex / North-East London area. This is a
low-cost alternative to an on-site service visit. Depending on the situation, we can almost always restore unbootable PCs/Laptops, and recover lost data. Call us to discuss your needs.
Here's what we aim to do:
- Check essential hardware components for faults, including memory and the hard disk
- Recover and back-up your important documents and data using advanced 'forensic' techniques
- Scan for and remove all "viruses", "trojans" and "worms", using the latest technology
- Download and install appropriate Service Packs and update system software, to remove known vulnerabilities
- Reconfigure security settings to our recommended levels
- Optionally, install and configure additional security utilities (e.g. Firewall).
However, because of the nature of these problems, neither successful treatment nor data recovery can be guaranteed in advance, although we are very rarely beaten!
If you have critical data on an affected system, you should always give us full details. If in doubt, call us for (free) advice.
How the service works:
To keep the costs as low as possible, we ask you to deliver your machine to us, and
collect it afterwards,. Turn-around times can not be guaranteed, so if you need urgent assistance
call us for advice.
- Book by ringing 020 8521 4386.
- Arrange to deliver your computer to us, without keyboard or monitor, but do include any external power supply. (You may consider using a
trusted local taxi firm.)
- You must let us have all relevant passwords and a list of any data you're particularly anxious to have
recovered. It is helpful if you can include installation CDs (and license keys) for Windows and for other important software (to avoid
attempt to recover all documents and other data, prioritising those you've told us about.
- We'll examine your computer for malicious software and remove it and we'll reconfigure your system to
recommended levels. Note that scanning and updating can be time-consuming processes, but unattended "processing" time is not chargeable. We'll call you as
soon as your system is ready for collection.
- We'll do our very best to recover your data and restore your machine to a stable condition. If we're unsuccessful, we'll normally
waive the fee cheerfully (at our discretion).
- We'll take just as much care of your computer as we do of our own, but we cannot accept liability for loss or
damage while in our possession. If you wish, you can pay extra for optional insurance against fire,
theft or accidental damage by visible external cause.
- Our particular speciality is software support. If we discover hardware problems, we'll advise you on appropriate options, and we can undertake a wide range of repairs in-house.
- You will be welcome to use our free Advice Line after we've treated
Terms & Conditions:
- Full payment by cash or cheque (with bank card) is due when the computer iscollected from WalthamSoft.com.
- Treatment is normally completed within three days, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- You accept that some or all data may not be recoverable, and that some programs may need to be reinstalled.
- You accept that additional software may be installed on your computer, and that some settings will be changed.